I’ve mostly switched over to Unity development, but once in a while a client will request a game in Flash and I take the job. It’s been about a year since I’ve done any AS3 work, but I picked it back up pretty quickly.
I started building my baseclass with all my reusable methods and started with the once I use the most (Pause, fadeIn, fadeOut, etc). I started knocking everything together and it was going just fine, but then after adding in several classes I noticed that my alpha transitions started to hang randomly… how curious! Here’s an example of my base class: Continue reading ‘Remembering why I hate AS3’